This 1991 Peugeot 205 GTI has been subject to a complete nut & bolt restoration to its original factory specification by a former Peugeot SA engineer. Following a complete strip down all parts have either been replaced for brand new OEM parts or refurbished to as-new a condition as possible. Some parts have been sourced directly from Musée de I’Aenture Peugeot in Sochaux, France. Having been freshly painted in its original colour of Sorrento Green this beautiful GTI is just ready to hit the open road once more!
Frédéric, the engineer responsible for the restoration, played a key part in the continuous development of the XU petrol engine. The XU petrol engine can be found in the GTI model. Frédéric’s responsibilities at Peugeot SA can be found below.
- Computerized modelling of the Peugeot petrol engine TU24 (1,294cc, 2 double body carburetors Weber, on 205 Rallye, 103 HP) (Subject of PhD).
- Development of the new TU2J2/Z (1,294cc, 4 injectors, CAT, 100 HP, on 106 Rallye).
- Development of the new generation of TUF engines, cast iron block, that are a feature of the lower ranges of Peugeot and Citroën cars (on market in September 1991, Peugeot 106, 205, 306, 405, Citröen AX, BX).
- Continuous development of the existing XU Petrol engines.
- Relocation of the tests’ device and processes of the engine “X” from Sochaux, France to Buenos Aires, Argentina for SEVEL (Argentinian national car manufacturer).
- Leader of the “engine noises” working group.