This very special Ford Escort RS2000 has covered just 18,306 miles from new and is in a as new showroom condition both mechanically and cosmetically.
- Like new dark aubergine metallic paint all in perfect condition, this paint looks like new!
- All exterior lights, front, rear, side and Hella spot lights have been replaced with new genuine Ford items, this makes the car really pop.
- All rubbers and trim maintain a new appearance, all windows have matching etching.
- No rust to arches or cills, never welded and a totally original underside. Original brake/fuel lines present. Underside has no accident damage to structures.
- Flow Raven colour scheme with Recaro front seats and matching door cards with a grey carpet.
- Gear lever knob, steering wheel and instrument dials, all in perfect order.
- The white dials function correctly and even the original 5000 RDS EON cassette player is present.
- Headlining, door cards and dash is free from any damage or cracking.
- The boot area is spotless with the original parcel shelf present.
- The interior has been protected by a set of brand new genuine Ford over-mats front and back.
- Seats have been protected/sealed at the detailing stage against any spills.
- The interior is like new!
Engine and Transmission
- The original engine has covered just 18,306 miles from new.
- A full major service has been carried out less than 50 miles ago included all fluids and filters and any other parts requiring attention due to age.
- The engine requires nothing and still carries the original exhaust and factory stickers dotted around the engine bay. Jack and wheel spanner present.
Wheels, Tyres, Brakes and Suspension
- Five refurbished matching and original 195/50 R15 H 15inch 5 spoke alloy wheels resplendent in correct Silver, these are as new following a complete refurbishment from front to back.
- Fitted with 5 brand new OEM spec Continental Premium Contact 5 tyres.
- Brand new front discs and pads with refurbished rear drums. Brake fluid also changed.
- Supplied new by Ford main dealer Dees of Croydon on the 6th September 1996. The car was purchased from a Ford RS collector who purchased the car in 1998 with 18,306 miles and travelled just 77 miles from 1998 up to point of sale in 2017! Only starting the car and running up to temperature.
- The car was stored inside alongside other collectable Ford RS including RS Cosworths.
- The history is totally complete, including the original stamped service book containing Ford main dealer stamp. The history file contains all the original Ford books, folder and brochure. Two sets of original keys and the RAC inspection sheet included which Ford main agents used for used car sales.
This RS2000 requires nothing, the car has had all wearing parts replaced, not because it was in bad condition, only to bring it back to its full glory. A specialist detailer has just completed a 4 day detail to the exterior and interior. The car looks like new! All recent work is warranted and all invoices will be supplied with the cars service history file.