This extremely rare Rover Metro GTA has covered just 14,724 miles. Having had just two owners from new, the first being the supplying Rover dealer then being purchased by Mrs Wood just over five months later. Mrs Wood cherished, loved and adored this little car for over 27 years! Annual servicing and maintenance and the fact it’s been garaged has left a stunning and original Rover Metro GTA.
I’m sure this bright yellow Metro was a talking point amongst locals having been sat on the drive outside her matching yellow house for all those years!
- Solar yellow exterior with gloss black Metro Turbo body kit and contrasting GTA decals all in outstanding and original condition.
- Wearing its original front and rear lights with unmarked lenses.
- The rubbers and trim are like new.
- All glass is original and carries the original rear window sticker. This Metro GTA proudly wears its original solar yellow paintwork apart from the external front and rear bumpers. We had these expertly colour matched due to Mrs Wood kissing the garage door frame where the car had stood most of its life.
- The solar yellow paint is bright, shiny and virtually defect free. There is however a very small area of corrosion under the paint approximately 15x15mm. This is located under the drivers side passenger window. We have had this professionally inspected and have been informed to leave be.
- The whole underside of the vehicle including all wheel arches have had a thorough steam clean then treated to prevent corrosion.
- The spare wheel carries a brand-new matching tyre with original jack, bag and all tools.
- Sports crayon seat centres with matching sport crayon door cards with black carpets virtually defect free.
- All dials and switch gear function correctly. Original Philips R570 cassette player in place with additional cassette storage. The door cards and dash are free from any damage or cracking.
- The boot area is spotless with an uncut parcel shelf. The Metro steering wheel and gear knob feel and look brand new. The interior is spotless.
Engine and Transmission
- The 1275cc 73PS engine and 4 speed manual transmission are original items. Having just benefited from a complete and thorough service/overhaul the Metro GTA drives faultlessly and is an absolute pleasure to drive.
Wheels, Tyres, Brakes and Suspension
- The five original 185/55 R13 inch MG Turbo style alloy wheels have never been refurbished.
- Showing just a couple of kerb/rash marks was nothing to warrant a wheel refurb. We have sourced a set of five period correct brand new Camac Auriga tyres with correct specification and profile, also tracked and balanced.
- The suspension is sitting at the correct ride height after being pumped up and inspected. Brand new front discs and pads with refurbished rear drums to finish.
- The supplying dealer was Cleveland Garages Ltd in Jersey, C.I. Then purchased and registered in the UK by the Rover Group on 13/12/1990. Mrs Wood then purchased the Rover Metro GTA from the Rover Group on 21/05/1991.
- The history file is complete. The original stamped service book contains just one dealer throughout the entire service history of the vehicle, this being an approved Rover dealer.
- Due to having been annually serviced throughout the cars entire life there are dealer stamps even on the back pages of the service book, this is due to running out of space, with notes of the car having golden brown oil. Every MOT is present with a folder full of invoices. The book pack contains all the Rover handbooks, user and maintenance guides, unused Phillips stickers, original tax disc, two period Rover Metro GTA brochures, master key and main key with an unused Rover Keyring.
To finish this Rover Metro GTA received a specialist interior and exterior detail.
The original solar yellow paint has been corrected and protected and looks stunning.
A renowned Mini & Metro specialist completed a thorough service of the car replacing any parts where required, this process has been fully documented in the service history file.
To finish this is an extremely rare car in this condition and worthy of any collection or showroom and ready to be driven or locked away.
All recent work is documented and warranted with all invoices supplied with the cars service history file.